Darke County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Darke County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Darke County, Ohio. You can contact the Darke County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Darke County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
520 S Broadway StThe Darke County Assessor's Office is located in Greenville, Ohio. Greenville is the county seat of Darke County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Darke County Courthouse, at 504 South Broadway Street.
Darke County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Darke County Information
Darke County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Darke County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Darke County Tax Appraiser.
- The Darke County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Darke County.
- The Darke County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Darke County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Darke County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Darke County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Darke County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 937-547-7310. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Darke County assessor's office at 937-547-7342. Please call the assessor's office in Greenville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Darke County Courthouse at 937-547-7370.