Cuyahoga County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Cuyahoga County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. You can contact the Cuyahoga County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Cuyahoga County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1219 Ontario StThe Cuyahoga County Assessor's Office is located in Cleveland, Ohio. Cleveland is the county seat of Cuyahoga County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cuyahoga County Administration Building, at 1219 Ontario Avenue.
Cuyahoga County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cuyahoga County Information
Cuyahoga County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cuyahoga County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cuyahoga County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cuyahoga County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cuyahoga County.
- The Cuyahoga County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cuyahoga County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cuyahoga County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cuyahoga County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cuyahoga County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 216-443-7010. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Cleveland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cuyahoga County Administration Building at 216-443-7000.