Coshocton County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Coshocton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Coshocton County, Ohio. You can contact the Coshocton County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Coshocton County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
401 1/2 Main StThe Coshocton County Assessor's Office is located in the Coshocton Courthouse Annex in Coshocton, Ohio. Coshocton is the county seat of Coshocton County, where most local government offices are located.
Coshocton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Coshocton County Information
Coshocton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Coshocton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Coshocton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Coshocton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Coshocton County.
- The Coshocton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Coshocton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Coshocton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Coshocton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Coshocton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-622-1243. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Coshocton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Coshocton County Annex at 740-622-1753.