Clermont County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Clermont County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clermont County, Ohio. You can contact the Clermont County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Clermont County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
101 East Main StreetThe Clermont County Assessor's Office is located in Batavia, Ohio. Batavia is the county seat of Clermont County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Clermont County Courthouse, at 101 East Main Street.
Clermont County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clermont County Information
Clermont County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clermont County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clermont County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clermont County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clermont County.
- The Clermont County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clermont County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clermont County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clermont County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clermont County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 513-732-7150. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Clermont County assessor's office at 513-732-7849. Please call the assessor's office in Batavia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clermont County Courthouse at 513-732-7300.