Champaign County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Champaign County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Champaign County, Ohio. You can contact the Champaign County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Champaign County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
1512 S. US 68 Suite A100The Champaign County Assessor's Office is located in Urbana, Ohio. Urbana is the county seat of Champaign County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Champaign County Courthouse, at 1512 South U.S. Hwy 68, Suite B300.
Champaign County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Champaign County Information
Champaign County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Champaign County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Champaign County Tax Appraiser.
- The Champaign County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Champaign County.
- The Champaign County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Champaign County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Champaign County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Champaign County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Champaign County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 937-484-1600. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Champaign County assessor's office at 937-484-1626. Please call the assessor's office in Urbana before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Champaign County Courthouse at 937-484-1611.