Belmont County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Belmont County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Belmont County, Ohio. You can contact the Belmont County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Belmont County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
101 W. Main StreetThe Belmont County Assessor's Office is located in St. Clairsville, Ohio. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bd Of Commissioners, at 101 West Main Street.
Belmont County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Belmont County Information
Belmont County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Belmont County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Belmont County Tax Appraiser.
- The Belmont County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Belmont County.
- The Belmont County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Belmont County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Belmont County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Belmont County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Belmont County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-699-2130. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in St. Clairsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bd Of Commissioners at 740-699-2155.