Auglaize County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Auglaize County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Auglaize County, Ohio. You can contact the Auglaize County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Auglaize County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
209 S. Blackhoof Street, Room 201The Auglaize County Assessor's Office is located in Wapakoneta, Ohio. Wapakoneta is the county seat of Auglaize County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Auglaize County government, at 209 South Blackhoof Street.
Auglaize County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Auglaize County Information
Auglaize County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Auglaize County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Auglaize County Tax Appraiser.
- The Auglaize County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Auglaize County.
- The Auglaize County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Auglaize County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Auglaize County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Auglaize County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Auglaize County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-739-6705. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Wapakoneta before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Auglaize County government at 419-739-6710.