Athens County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Athens County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Athens County, Ohio. You can contact the Athens County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Athens County property tax due date
15 S Court StThe Athens County Assessor's Office is located in Athens, Ohio. Athens is the county seat of Athens County, where most local government offices are located.
Athens County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Athens County Information
Athens County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Athens County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Athens County Tax Appraiser.
- The Athens County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Athens County.
- The Athens County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Athens County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Athens County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Athens County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Athens County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-592-3223. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Athens County assessor's office at 740-594-3270. Please call the assessor's office in Athens before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Athens County Courthouse at 740-592-3219.