Ashtabula County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Ashtabula County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ashtabula County, Ohio. You can contact the Ashtabula County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Ashtabula County property tax due date
25 W Jefferson StThe Ashtabula County Assessor's Office is located in Jefferson, Ohio. Jefferson is the county seat of Ashtabula County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ashtabula County Courthouse, at 25 West Jefferson Street.
Ashtabula County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ashtabula County Information
Ashtabula County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ashtabula County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ashtabula County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ashtabula County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ashtabula County.
- The Ashtabula County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ashtabula County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ashtabula County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ashtabula County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ashtabula County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 440-576-3783. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ashtabula County assessor's office at 440-576-3797. Please call the assessor's office in Jefferson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ashtabula County Courthouse at 440-576-3750.