Ashland County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Ashland County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ashland County, Ohio. You can contact the Ashland County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Ashland County property tax due date
110 Cottage StreetThe Ashland County Assessor's Office is located in the Ashland County Courthouse in Ashland, Ohio. Ashland is the county seat of Ashland County, where most local government offices are located.
Ashland County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ashland County Information
Ashland County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ashland County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ashland County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ashland County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ashland County.
- The Ashland County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ashland County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ashland County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ashland County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ashland County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-282-4235. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Ashland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ashland County Courthouse at 419-289-0000.