Williams County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Williams County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Williams County, North Dakota. You can contact the Williams County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Williams County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 2047The Williams County Assessor's Office is located in the Williams County Courthouse in Williston, North Dakota. Williston is the county seat of Williams County, where most local government offices are located.
Williams County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Williams County Information
Williams County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Williams County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Williams County Tax Appraiser.
- The Williams County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Williams County.
- The Williams County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Williams County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Williams County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Williams County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Williams County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-577-4555. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Williams County assessor's office at 701-577-4559. Please call the assessor's office in Williston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Williams County Courthouse at 701-577-4500.