Wells County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Wells County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wells County, North Dakota. You can contact the Wells County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Wells County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 37The Wells County Assessor's Office is located in Fessenden, North Dakota. Fessenden is the county seat of Wells County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wells County Courthouse, at PO Box 361.
Wells County Assessor Contact Information
Wells County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wells County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wells County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wells County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wells County.
- The Wells County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wells County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wells County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wells County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wells County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-547-3220. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wells County assessor's office at 701-547-3719. Please call the assessor's office in Fessenden before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wells County Courthouse at 701-547-3521.