Walsh County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Walsh County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Walsh County, North Dakota. You can contact the Walsh County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Walsh County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
600 Cooper AveThe Walsh County Assessor's Office is located in Grafton, North Dakota. Grafton is the county seat of Walsh County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Walsh County Courthouse, at 600 Cooper Avenue.
Walsh County Assessor Contact Information
Walsh County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Walsh County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Walsh County Tax Appraiser.
- The Walsh County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Walsh County.
- The Walsh County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Walsh County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Walsh County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Walsh County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Walsh County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-352-1077. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Walsh County assessor's office at 701-352-3340. Please call the assessor's office in Grafton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Walsh County Courthouse at 701-352-2851.