Steele County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Steele County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Steele County, North Dakota. You can contact the Steele County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Steele County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 275The Steele County Assessor's Office is located in the Steele County Courthouse in Finley, North Dakota. Finley is the county seat of Steele County, where most local government offices are located.
Steele County Assessor Contact Information
Steele County Assessor Address
Steele County Tax Equalization Director
Steele County Courthouse
201 Washington Avenue West
Finley, ND 58230
Steele County Assessor Phone Number
Steele County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Steele County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Steele County Tax Appraiser.
- The Steele County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Steele County.
- The Steele County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Steele County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Steele County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Steele County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Steele County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-524-2110. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Finley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Steele County Courthouse at 701-524-2110.
Find the tax assessor for a different North Dakota county
Find property records for Steele County
The median property tax in Steele County, North Dakota is $744.00