Sioux County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Sioux County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sioux County, North Dakota. You can contact the Sioux County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Sioux County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
302 2nd AvenueThe Sioux County Assessor's Office is located in Fort Yates, North Dakota. Fort Yates is the county seat of Sioux County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Sioux County Courthouse, at 302 2nd Avenue.
Sioux County Assessor Contact Information
Sioux County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sioux County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sioux County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sioux County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sioux County.
- The Sioux County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sioux County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sioux County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sioux County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sioux County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-854-3481. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Fort Yates before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sioux County Courthouse at 701-854-3481.