Richland County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Richland County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Richland County, North Dakota. You can contact the Richland County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Richland County property tax due date
418 2Nd Ave NThe Richland County Assessor's Office is located in Wahpeton, North Dakota. Wahpeton is the county seat of Richland County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Richland County Courthouse, at 418 2nd Avenue North.
Richland County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Richland County Information
Richland County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Richland County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Richland County Tax Appraiser.
- The Richland County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Richland County.
- The Richland County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Richland County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Richland County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Richland County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Richland County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-642-7805. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Richland County assessor's office at 701-642-7820. Please call the assessor's office in Wahpeton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Richland County Courthouse at 701-642-7700.