Ransom County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Ransom County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ransom County, North Dakota. You can contact the Ransom County Assessor for:
- Checking the Ransom County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 668The Ransom County Assessor's Office is located in the Ransom County Court House in Lisbon, North Dakota. Lisbon is the county seat of Ransom County, where most local government offices are located.
Ransom County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ransom County Information
Ransom County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ransom County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ransom County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ransom County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ransom County.
- The Ransom County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ransom County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ransom County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ransom County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ransom County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-683-6147. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ransom County assessor's office at 701-683-5827. Please call the assessor's office in Lisbon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ransom County Courthouse at 701-683-5823.