Oliver County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Oliver County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Oliver County, North Dakota. You can contact the Oliver County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Oliver County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
115 Main StreetThe Oliver County Assessor's Office is located in the Oliver County Courthouse in Center, North Dakota. Center is the county seat of Oliver County, where most local government offices are located.
Oliver County Assessor Contact Information
Oliver County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Oliver County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Oliver County Tax Appraiser.
- The Oliver County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Oliver County.
- The Oliver County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Oliver County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Oliver County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Oliver County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Oliver County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-794-3129. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Center before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Oliver County Courthouse at 701-794-8777.