Mountrail County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Mountrail County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mountrail County, North Dakota. You can contact the Mountrail County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Mountrail County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 69The Mountrail County Assessor's Office is located in the Mountrail County Courthouse in Stanley, North Dakota. Stanley is the county seat of Mountrail County, where most local government offices are located.
Mountrail County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mountrail County Information
Mountrail County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mountrail County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mountrail County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mountrail County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mountrail County.
- The Mountrail County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mountrail County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mountrail County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mountrail County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mountrail County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-628-2425. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Stanley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mountrail County Courthouse at 701-628-2145.