Morton County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Morton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Morton County, North Dakota. You can contact the Morton County Assessor for:
- Checking the Morton County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
210 2nd Ave NWThe Morton County Assessor's Office is located in Mandan, North Dakota. Mandan is the county seat of Morton County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Morton County Courthouse, at 210 2nd Avenue NW.
Morton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Morton County Information
Morton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Morton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Morton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Morton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Morton County.
- The Morton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Morton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Morton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Morton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Morton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-667-3325. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Morton County assessor's office at 701-667-3380. Please call the assessor's office in Mandan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Morton County Courthouse at 701-667-3300.