McLean County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The McLean County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McLean County, North Dakota. You can contact the McLean County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the McLean County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
712 5th AvenueThe McLean County Assessor's Office is located in Washburn, North Dakota. Washburn is the county seat of McLean County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mclean County Courthouse, at 712 5th Avenue.
McLean County Assessor Contact Information
Additional McLean County Information
McLean County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McLean County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McLean County Tax Appraiser.
- The McLean County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McLean County.
- The McLean County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McLean County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McLean County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McLean County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McLean County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-462-8541. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McLean County assessor's office at 701-462-3542. Please call the assessor's office in Washburn before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mclean County Courthouse at 701-462-8541.