McKenzie County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The McKenzie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McKenzie County, North Dakota. You can contact the McKenzie County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the McKenzie County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The McKenzie County Assessor's Office is located in the McKenzie County Courthouse in Watford City, North Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
McKenzie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional McKenzie County Information
McKenzie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McKenzie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McKenzie County Tax Appraiser.
- The McKenzie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McKenzie County.
- The McKenzie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McKenzie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McKenzie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McKenzie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McKenzie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-444-6852. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McKenzie County assessor's office at 701-444-4113. Please call the assessor's office in Watford City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352