Grand Forks County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Grand Forks County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Grand Forks County, North Dakota. You can contact the Grand Forks County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Grand Forks County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
151 S 4Th StThe Grand Forks County Assessor's Office is located in the Grand Forks County Office Building in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Grand Forks is the county seat of Grand Forks County, where most local government offices are located.
Grand Forks County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Grand Forks County Information
Grand Forks County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Grand Forks County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Grand Forks County Tax Appraiser.
- The Grand Forks County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Grand Forks County.
- The Grand Forks County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Grand Forks County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Grand Forks County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Grand Forks County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Grand Forks County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-780-8259. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Grand Forks before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Grand Forks County Courthouse at 701-780-8200.