Divide County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Divide County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Divide County, North Dakota. You can contact the Divide County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Divide County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
300 Second AvenueThe Divide County Assessor's Office is located in the Divide County Courthouse in Crosby, North Dakota. Crosby is the county seat of Divide County, where most local government offices are located.
Divide County Assessor Contact Information
Divide County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Divide County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Divide County Tax Appraiser.
- The Divide County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Divide County.
- The Divide County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Divide County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Divide County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Divide County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Divide County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-965-6530. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Crosby before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Divide County Courthouse at 701-965-6351.