Burke County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Burke County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Burke County, North Dakota. You can contact the Burke County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Burke County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Burke County Assessor's Office is located in the Burke County Courthouse in Bowbells, North Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Burke County Assessor Contact Information
Burke County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Burke County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Burke County Tax Appraiser.
- The Burke County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Burke County.
- The Burke County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Burke County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Burke County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Burke County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Burke County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-377-2661. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bowbells before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352