Bowman County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Bowman County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bowman County, North Dakota. You can contact the Bowman County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Bowman County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
104 1St St NWThe Bowman County Assessor's Office is located in the Bowman County Courthouse in Bowman, North Dakota. Bowman is the county seat of Bowman County, where most local government offices are located.
Bowman County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bowman County Information
Bowman County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bowman County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bowman County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bowman County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bowman County.
- The Bowman County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bowman County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bowman County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bowman County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bowman County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-523-3129. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bowman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bowman County Courthouse at 701-523-5421.