Bottineau County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Bottineau County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bottineau County, North Dakota. You can contact the Bottineau County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Bottineau County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
314 5Th St WThe Bottineau County Assessor's Office is located in the Bottineau County Courthouse in Bottineau, North Dakota. Bottineau is the county seat of Bottineau County, where most local government offices are located.
Bottineau County Assessor Contact Information
Bottineau County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bottineau County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bottineau County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bottineau County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bottineau County.
- The Bottineau County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bottineau County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bottineau County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bottineau County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bottineau County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-228-2901. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bottineau before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bottineau County Courthouse at 701-228-2225.