Billings County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Billings County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Billings County, North Dakota. You can contact the Billings County Assessor for:
- Checking the Billings County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Billings County Assessor's Office is located in the Billings County Courthouse, 1st Floor in Medora, North Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Billings County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Billings County Information
Billings County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Billings County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Billings County Tax Appraiser.
- The Billings County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Billings County.
- The Billings County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Billings County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Billings County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Billings County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Billings County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-623-4810. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Billings County assessor's office at 701--623-4761. Please call the assessor's office in Medora before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352