Benson County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Benson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Benson County, North Dakota. You can contact the Benson County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Benson County property tax due date
PO BOX 206The Benson County Assessor's Office is located in the Benson County Courthouse in Minnewaukan, North Dakota. Minnewaukan is the county seat of Benson County, where most local government offices are located.
Benson County Assessor Contact Information
Benson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Benson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Benson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Benson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Benson County.
- The Benson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Benson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Benson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Benson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Benson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-473-5524. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Minnewaukan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Benson County Courthouse at 701-473-5340.