Barnes County, North Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Barnes County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Barnes County, North Dakota. You can contact the Barnes County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Barnes County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Barnes County Assessor's Office is located in the Barnes County Courthouse in Valley City, North Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Barnes County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Barnes County Information
Barnes County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Barnes County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Barnes County Tax Appraiser.
- The Barnes County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Barnes County.
- The Barnes County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Barnes County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Barnes County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Barnes County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Barnes County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 701-845-8516. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Valley City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352