Watauga County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Watauga County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Watauga County, North Carolina. You can contact the Watauga County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Watauga County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
814 W King St Suite 205The Watauga County Assessor's Office is located in Boone, North Carolina. Boone is the county seat of Watauga County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Watauga County government, at 842 West King Street, Suite 21.
Watauga County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Watauga County Information
Watauga County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Watauga County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Watauga County Tax Appraiser.
- The Watauga County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Watauga County.
- The Watauga County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Watauga County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Watauga County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Watauga County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Watauga County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 828-265-8021. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Watauga County assessor's office at 828-265-8140. Please call the assessor's office in Boone before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Watauga County government at 828-265-8000.