Washington County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Washington County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Washington County, North Carolina. You can contact the Washington County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Washington County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
116 Adams StThe Washington County Assessor's Office is located in Plymouth, North Carolina. Plymouth is the county seat of Washington County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Washington County Courthouse, at 120 Adams Street.
Washington County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Washington County Information
Washington County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Washington County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Washington County Tax Appraiser.
- The Washington County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Washington County.
- The Washington County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Washington County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Washington County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Washington County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Washington County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 252-793-1176. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Plymouth before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Washington County Courthouse at 252-793-5823.