Vance County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Vance County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Vance County, North Carolina. You can contact the Vance County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Vance County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
122 Young St Ste BThe Vance County Assessor's Office is located in Henderson, North Carolina. Henderson is the county seat of Vance County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Vance County Courthouse, at 122 Young Street, Suite E.
Vance County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Vance County Information
Vance County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Vance County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Vance County Tax Appraiser.
- The Vance County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Vance County.
- The Vance County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Vance County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Vance County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Vance County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Vance County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 252-738-2040. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Henderson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Vance County Courthouse at 252-738-2120.