Swain County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Swain County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Swain County, North Carolina. You can contact the Swain County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Swain County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO Box 2321The Swain County Assessor's Office is located in the Swain County Administration Building in Bryson City, North Carolina. Bryson City is the county seat of Swain County, where most local government offices are located.
Swain County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Swain County Information
Swain County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Swain County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Swain County Tax Appraiser.
- The Swain County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Swain County.
- The Swain County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Swain County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Swain County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Swain County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Swain County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 828-488-9273. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bryson City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Swain County Administration Building at 828-488-9273.