Sampson County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Sampson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sampson County, North Carolina. You can contact the Sampson County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Sampson County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
435 Rowan RoadThe Sampson County Assessor's Office is located in the Sampson County Courthouse Annex Building in Clinton, North Carolina. Clinton is the county seat of Sampson County, where most local government offices are located.
Sampson County Assessor Contact Information
Sampson County Assessor Address
Sampson County Tax Office
Sampson County Courthouse Annex Building
126 W. Elizabeth Street
Clinton, NC 28328
Sampson County Assessor Phone Number
Sampson County Assessor's Website
Additional Sampson County Information
Property Tax Search Find Sampson County property tax records
Sampson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sampson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sampson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sampson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sampson County.
- The Sampson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sampson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sampson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sampson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sampson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 910-592-8146. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sampson County assessor's office at 910-592-4865. Please call the assessor's office in Clinton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sampson County Administration Building at 910-592-6308.
Find the tax assessor for a different North Carolina county
Find property records for Sampson County
The median property tax in Sampson County, North Carolina is $704.00