Rutherford County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Rutherford County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rutherford County, North Carolina. You can contact the Rutherford County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Rutherford County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
289 N Main StThe Rutherford County Assessor's Office is located in Rutherfordton, North Carolina. Rutherfordton is the county seat of Rutherford County, where most local government offices are located.
Rutherford County Assessor Contact Information
Rutherford County Assessor Address
Rutherford County Tax Department
229 North Main Street, Courthouse Addition
Rutherfordton, NC 28139
Rutherford County Assessor Phone Number
Rutherford County Assessor's Website
Additional Rutherford County Information
Commercial & Industrial Real Estate Search Find Rutherford County property tax records
Parcel Search & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Property Tax Lookup, Pay Property Taxes Find Rutherford County property tax records
Rutherford County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rutherford County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rutherford County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rutherford County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rutherford County.
- The Rutherford County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rutherford County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rutherford County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rutherford County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rutherford County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 828-287-6177. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rutherford County assessor's office at 828-288-4904. Please call the assessor's office in Rutherfordton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rutherford County Office Building at 828-287-6060.
Find the tax assessor for a different North Carolina county
Find property records for Rutherford County
The median property tax in Rutherford County, North Carolina is $737.00