Rowan County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Rowan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rowan County, North Carolina. You can contact the Rowan County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Rowan County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
130 W Innes StThe Rowan County Assessor's Office is located in the Rowan County Governmental Center in Salisbury, North Carolina. Salisbury is the county seat of Rowan County, where most local government offices are located.
Rowan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rowan County Information
Rowan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rowan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rowan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rowan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rowan County.
- The Rowan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rowan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rowan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rowan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rowan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 704-216-8558. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rowan County assessor's office at 704-642-2050. Please call the assessor's office in Salisbury before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rowan County Administration Building at 704-636-0361.