Robeson County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Robeson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Robeson County, North Carolina. You can contact the Robeson County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Robeson County property tax due date
701 N Elm StThe Robeson County Assessor's Office is located in Lumberton, North Carolina. Lumberton is the county seat of Robeson County, where most local government offices are located.
Robeson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Robeson County Information
Robeson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Robeson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Robeson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Robeson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Robeson County.
- The Robeson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Robeson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Robeson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Robeson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Robeson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 910-671-3060. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Lumberton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Robeson County Courthouse at 910-671-3022.