Perquimans County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Perquimans County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Perquimans County, North Carolina. You can contact the Perquimans County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Perquimans County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 45The Perquimans County Assessor's Office is located in Hertford, North Carolina. Hertford is the county seat of Perquimans County, where most local government offices are located.
Perquimans County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Perquimans County Information
Perquimans County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Perquimans County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Perquimans County Tax Appraiser.
- The Perquimans County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Perquimans County.
- The Perquimans County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Perquimans County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Perquimans County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Perquimans County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Perquimans County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 252-426-7010. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Perquimans County assessor's office at 252-426-3624. Please call the assessor's office in Hertford before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Perquimans County Courthouse at 252-426-8484.