Pender County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Pender County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pender County, North Carolina. You can contact the Pender County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Pender County property tax due date
P.O. Box 1578The Pender County Assessor's Office is located in the Howard Holly Building in Burgaw, North Carolina. Burgaw is the county seat of Pender County, where most local government offices are located.
Pender County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pender County Information
Pender County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pender County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pender County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pender County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pender County.
- The Pender County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pender County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pender County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pender County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pender County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 910-259-1221. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pender County assessor's office at 910-259-1482. Please call the assessor's office in Burgaw before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pender County Courthouse at 910-259-1200.