Pasquotank County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Pasquotank County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pasquotank County, North Carolina. You can contact the Pasquotank County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Pasquotank County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
PO Box 39The Pasquotank County Assessor's Office is located in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. Elizabeth City is the county seat of Pasquotank County, where most local government offices are located.
Pasquotank County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pasquotank County Information
Pasquotank County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pasquotank County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pasquotank County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pasquotank County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pasquotank County.
- The Pasquotank County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pasquotank County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pasquotank County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pasquotank County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pasquotank County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 252-338-5169. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pasquotank County assessor's office at 252-338-6125. Please call the assessor's office in Elizabeth City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pasquotank County Courthouse at 252-335-0865.