Pamlico County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Pamlico County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pamlico County, North Carolina. You can contact the Pamlico County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Pamlico County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 776The Pamlico County Assessor's Office is located in the 1st Floor Pamlico County Courthouse Complex in Bayboro, North Carolina. Bayboro is the county seat of Pamlico County, where most local government offices are located.
Pamlico County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pamlico County Information
Pamlico County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pamlico County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pamlico County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pamlico County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pamlico County.
- The Pamlico County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pamlico County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pamlico County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pamlico County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pamlico County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 252-745-4125. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pamlico County assessor's office at 252-745-4042. Please call the assessor's office in Bayboro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pamlico County Courthouse at 252-745-3133.