Onslow County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Onslow County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Onslow County, North Carolina. You can contact the Onslow County Assessor for:
- Checking the Onslow County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
4024 Richlands HighwayThe Onslow County Assessor's Office is located in Jacksonville, North Carolina.
Onslow County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Onslow County Information
Onslow County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Onslow County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Onslow County Tax Appraiser.
- The Onslow County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Onslow County.
- The Onslow County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Onslow County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Onslow County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Onslow County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Onslow County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 910-989-2200. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Jacksonville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Onslow County government at 910-347-4717.