Mitchell County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Mitchell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mitchell County, North Carolina. You can contact the Mitchell County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Mitchell County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
26 Crimson Laurel Cir Ste 2The Mitchell County Assessor's Office is located in Bakersville, North Carolina. Bakersville is the county seat of Mitchell County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mitchell County Administration Building, at 61 Crimson Laurel Circle, Suite 5.
Mitchell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mitchell County Information
Mitchell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mitchell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mitchell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mitchell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mitchell County.
- The Mitchell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mitchell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mitchell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mitchell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mitchell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 828-688-2139-Ext.-315. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bakersville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mitchell County Administration Building at 828-688-2139.