Mecklenburg County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Mecklenburg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. You can contact the Mecklenburg County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Mecklenburg County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
600 East Fourth StreetThe Mecklenburg County Assessor's Office is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Charlotte is the county seat of Mecklenburg County, where most local government offices are located.
Mecklenburg County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mecklenburg County Information
Mecklenburg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mecklenburg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mecklenburg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mecklenburg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mecklenburg County.
- The Mecklenburg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mecklenburg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mecklenburg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mecklenburg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mecklenburg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 704-336-4600. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Charlotte before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mecklenburg County Government Center at 704-336-2472.