Iredell County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Iredell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Iredell County, North Carolina. You can contact the Iredell County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Iredell County property tax due date
PO BOX 788The Iredell County Assessor's Office is located in Statesville, North Carolina. Statesville is the county seat of Iredell County, where most local government offices are located.
Iredell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Iredell County Information
Iredell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Iredell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Iredell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Iredell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Iredell County.
- The Iredell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Iredell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Iredell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Iredell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Iredell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 704-878-3010. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Iredell County assessor's office at 704-878-3003. Please call the assessor's office in Statesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Iredell County Government Center at 704-878-3000.