Guilford County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Guilford County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Guilford County, North Carolina. You can contact the Guilford County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Guilford County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 3427The Guilford County Assessor's Office is located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Guilford County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Guilford County Information
Guilford County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Guilford County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Guilford County Tax Appraiser.
- The Guilford County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Guilford County.
- The Guilford County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Guilford County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Guilford County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Guilford County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Guilford County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 336-641-3362. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Greensboro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Guilford County Courthouse at 336-641-3383.