Gates County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Gates County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gates County, North Carolina. You can contact the Gates County Assessor for:
- Checking the Gates County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO Box 148The Gates County Assessor's Office is located in Gatesville, North Carolina. Gatesville is the county seat of Gates County, where most local government offices are located.
Gates County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gates County Information
Gates County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gates County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gates County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gates County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gates County.
- The Gates County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gates County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gates County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gates County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gates County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 252-357-2411. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gates County assessor's office at 252-357-0073. Please call the assessor's office in Gatesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gates County Courthouse at 252-357-1240.