Gaston County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Gaston County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gaston County, North Carolina. You can contact the Gaston County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Gaston County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 1578The Gaston County Assessor's Office is located in Gastonia, North Carolina. Gastonia is the county seat of Gaston County, where most local government offices are located.
Gaston County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gaston County Information
Gaston County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gaston County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gaston County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gaston County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gaston County.
- The Gaston County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gaston County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gaston County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gaston County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gaston County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 704-866-3145. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gaston County assessor's office at 704-862-6262. Please call the assessor's office in Gastonia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gaston County government at 704-866-3100.