Forsyth County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Forsyth County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Forsyth County, North Carolina. You can contact the Forsyth County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Forsyth County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
201 N. Chestnut 5th floorThe Forsyth County Assessor's Office is located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Winston-Salem is the county seat of Forsyth County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Forsyth County government, at 201 North Chestnut Street.
Forsyth County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Forsyth County Information
Forsyth County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Forsyth County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Forsyth County Tax Appraiser.
- The Forsyth County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Forsyth County.
- The Forsyth County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Forsyth County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Forsyth County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Forsyth County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Forsyth County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 336-703-2300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Forsyth County assessor's office at 336-727-2369. Please call the assessor's office in Winston-Salem before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Forsyth County government at 336-727-2797.